Followers

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Source evaluation 10/7/14

Source #1

1) http://futureofchildren.org/futureofchildren/publications/docs/03_01_09.PDF
2) This article talks about open adoptions and I think it's relevant to my research project because I can compare how  an open adoption and a regular adoption affect the lives of the kids.
3)This article talks about the pros and cons of open adoptions and they are well supported  so I can really use what I get from reading this for when I mention my own point of view.
4) Dr. Berry is or was an  assistant professor at the school of social work, university of Texas at Arlington.
5) It was published in 1993 but it still have really useful information and it seems credible.
6) It's easy to understand so it will be helpful.
7) It is an article, credible articles are always good.
8) Open adoptions will be a big part of my paper so I will get the readers attention because it gets mine.
9) I will most likely use this source in my paper because it has all the pros and cons of open adoptions.

Source #2

1) http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/socwork/nrcfcpp/downloads/information_packets/adol-identity-and-adoptive-parents.pdf
2) It talks about adopted teenagers wondering where they really came from and where they get their traits from; which is relevant to my research paper because I am focusing on whether adoption affects the lives of teenager or not.
3) This is mostly information being given rather than an article having a line of argument.
4) I am guessing that the author Percio Bernal works at a resource center for foster care.
5) It was published in 2003, it seems credible.
6) It is mostly information being given so it's really easy to understand.
7) This is referred to as an information packet which will be really helpful.
8) It talks about adoption affecting the lives of adolescents which will be in my tittle so it will definitely get the reader's attention.
9) I am really likely to use this source because I am learning a lot about adoption from it.

Source #3

1) http://www.co.larimer.co.us/humanservices/fostercare/pride/wk7_adopt_lifelong.pdf
2) This article talks about lifelong issues with adoption which influence the behaviors of adopted teenagers.
3) They talk about all different issues so there are strong lines of arguments that are well supported.
4) I didn't get much about the Authors.
5) I don't know they date yet.
6) They do a really good job at breaking down all the different issues so that makes it easy to understand.
7) It is an article, it doesn't affect my judgement.
8) Adoption might or might not come with issues so it would be something interesting to read about adoption.
9) I will most likely use this source because adoption issues are very important.

Source #4

1) http://www.coaching-forlife.com/storage/articles/Healing%20the%20Trauma%20of%20Adoption.pdf
2) This article is a lady speaking for children who never seem to talk about how adoption affected them, very relevant to my paper.
3) Yes, she talks about people seeing adoption as a blessing and others as something that is not so much a blessing.
4) The author seems to be a life coach, who probably has talked to a lot of adopted people and knows how they feel about it.
5) It was a recent article, it was posted in 2013. Seems credible.
6) It is a fairly easy read.
7) It is an article, articles are great.
8) She is speaking for children and how they feel about adoption, that on its own seems really interesting.
9) I will most likely use this source because it is a good real life example that some readers might be able to connect with.

Source #5

1) http://www.openskywilderness.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Bettmann-Demong-Jasperson-20081.pdf
2) This article talks about how to deal with adolescents dealing with behavioral problems caused by adoption. Very relevant to my research paper!
3) Yes, because it talks about different ways of dealing with adopted teenagers and how they might react to them.
4) The authors are Wilderness therapists and a social worker, I am sure they have all dealt with adopted teenagers and have tons of input on the subject.
5) I don't know the publication date yet.
6) They break it down into categories so it is easy to understand.
7) It is an article, articles are great.
8) Knowing how to deal with a problematic teenager due to adoption is a interesting subject, so I am sure the readers will be interested.
9) I will most likely use this source because I can't just talk about behavioral issues without presenting ways in which people deal with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment